Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Disturbing trend

I was perusing a few sites I normally frequent and came across this article.  I hate to even mention anything political because I hate to fight with people on an issue I think we all have the right to choose for ourselves.  But, I also highly doubt this will make a big splash in the media so I thought I'd pass it along.  Apparently, Obama is in favor of a mandatory register for the draft for women.  I find it rather disturbing that once again our society is trying to pit that there is no difference between men and women.  I say there definitely is a difference--a very good difference--and I'm soooo glad there is one.  How boring life would be without the differing of sexes.

1 comment:

Unus Veritas said...

In her book, A Return To Modesty, Wendy Shalit discusses this issue from a unique and refreshing perspective.

Bottom line, although it is an unpopular one, men and women were designed and created differently. Requiring women to sign up for the draft simply ignores this distinction.